Micro art makeup is applied using an acupuncture needle which vibrates on the outer layers of the skin, and allows non toxic mineral based pigments to be absorbed in the outer layer of the skin. The total procedure usually takes around an hour. For patients with more sensitive skin, a topical micro needling numbing cream is first applied. First the design is made on the skin with an erasable pencil and then the technician helps the customer choose a natural color. After the customer approves the look and the color the procedure begins.
• Brows: can be darkened, reshaped or thickened by layering individual hairs on the skin.
• Lips: If you wish to enhance or reshape the shape of the lips using micro art makeup, the lip is first lined and then completely shaded.
• Eyes: The eyes are highlighted by applying a fine line rf microneedling between the lashes, creating a much thicker lash line.
• Scalp: For people with thinning hair the scalp can be camouflaged by adding individual hairs creating a thicker look for the hair
• Areola: Color and shape correction
Comparison with permanent makeup (tattoos)
• Micro art makeup provides a natural look that can gradually fade over 3 years. Permanent makeup provides a heavier and comparatively unnatural look. It can only be removed with laser surgery or corrected by micro art makeup.
• Micro art makeup uses of non toxic and mineral based pigments. Tattoo inks can be toxic and cause allergic reactions, as well as sometimes fading to green and orange.
• Micro art makeup is the more expensive procedure – costing about $1000 per area. Application of permanent makeup costs considerably less, $200-$800.
• The micro art makeup procedure does not create any bruising or scarring has no down time. There is usually a minor swelling but it disappears in about an hour. Permanent makeup on the other hand results in heavy bleeding and is extremely painful. Bruises usually appear and swelling can last for weeks. Recovery time period is usually a few weeks.